GDPR - Information clause
Information clause for users of BitBay exchange
The BitBay team places the utmost value on User safety at our exchange. Our group of the companies operates not only on the basis of appropriate legal instruments, but above all, on high ethical standards. We are keen to build and maintain mutual trust. This trust is the decisive factor in your satisfaction and our condition, in maintaining transparency as well as ensuring the safety of our clients. Implementing the above principles, as well as provisions of the Directive of the European Parliament and EU Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free flow of such data, as well as repealing directive 95/46/EC, we would like to inform you as to who, how and on what basis your personal data is processed.
Below you will find information and answers to basic questions regarding the processing and protection of your data.
Who is the administrator of your personal data and who is the co-administrator of your personal data?
The administrator, which is the entity deciding how your personal data will be used, is Pinewood Holdings Limited with headquoter registered on: 35 Strait Street, Valletta VLT 1434, Malta, entered into the company register under number C 86244. Additionally the access to your personal data will be given to our co-administratores:
- taXsaprent Sp. o.o. with headquarters in Katowice at ul. Kępowa 45, registered in the National Court Register maintained by the Katowice-Wschód VIII Commercial deparment of the Court in Katowice, under KRS number 0000720989.
- Bitbay Sp. z o.o. with headquarters in Katowice (40-583), ul. Kępowa 45
How to contact us for more information about processing your personal data
The data protection Inspector (the person responsible for proper processing of data) at Pinewood Holdings Limited and at the companies indicated as a co-administators is Kamil Galicki. If you have any questions concerning the processing of your data, please contact our Inspector. (Inspector contact: [email protected])
How do we have your data?
We obtained data from you in the account creation process and after your consent to its processing.
What is the object and legal basis for processing your personal data by Pinewood Holdings Limited and by the companies indicated as a co-administators?
Your personal data is processed to enable use of the exchange services and provide marketing services aimed at familiarizing you with the products and services of the BitBay exchange. The legal basis for data processing is your consent. In addition, pursuant to the provisions of the Act of 16 November 2000 on counteracting money laundering and financing terrorism (Journal of Laws 2018 item 723), information about transactions and other documents regarding transactions will be stored by us for a period of five years starting from the first day of the year following the year in which the last record of a transaction was made and pursuant to art. 74 par. 2 of the Accounting Act (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 1047, as amended) for a period of 5 years counted from the end of the calendar year in which the contract for the provision of services was terminated.
What rights do you have towards the administrator and by the co-administrators in the scope of processing personal data?
We guarantee the fulfillment of all your rights under the general data protection directive, i.e. the right to access data, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, the right to transfer, to not be subject to automated decision making, including profiling, and the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You can exercise these rights:
- regarding a request for correction of data that you deem incomplete or untrue,
- in relation to a request to delete data when your data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected by the administrators. You can withdraw your consent to the processing of data or object to the processing of your data in a situation where your data is processed unlawfully. Data should also be deleted in order to fulfill an obligation resulting from mandatory regulations or when the data was collected in connection with the provision of electronic services offered to a child,
- regarding a request to limit the processing of data when you notice that your data is incorrect. In this case, you can request the limited processing of your data for a period that allows us to check the correctness of this data. Furthermore, you can request a processing limitation if your data is processed unlawfully, but you do not want it removed, in case when we will not need your data anymore, but you may need it to defend or enforce claims or oppose data processing - until we determine whether there are legitimate grounds on our side that override the grounds for the objection,
- in relation to a request for the transfer of data, when the processing of your data takes place on the basis of your consent or an agreement concluded with you, also when this processing takes place automatically. Furthermore, please remember that you have the right to file a complaint in connection with your personal data that we process to the supervisory organ, namely the Head of the Office of Personal Data Protection.
When can you withdraw your consent for BitBay to process your data?
Since the basis of processing your data is the consent you grant, we hereby inform you that consent may be withdrawn at any time.
How long can we process your data?
Personal data will be processed until the withdrawal of consent or on the basis of aforementioned mandatory regulations.
Who is entitle by the administrator and by co-administrators to access to your data?
Only authorized employees of the administrator and the co-administrators are entitled to access your personal data. They are trained in RODO regulations and possess relevant certificates in this regard.