Do I need to verify my account?
Account verification is necessary for you to use the full functionality of BitBay. The verification process is divided into two stages:
- Level I - after positive data verification from verification form, you'll gain access to cryptocurrencies and FIAT deposits via bank transfer.
- Level II - after accepting your address confirmation document, you'll gain access to the full functionality of BitBay Platform - like express deposits and withdrawals.
In order to verify your account, choose a link „Verify your account” from the top of the exchange page or enter directly this link - https://kyc.bitbay.net/ Next, you need to follow the steps which will appear on your screen.
First you have to choose the type of account you want to set up. You can choose between a private account and a company account. In the next steps we will explain how to set up a private account. If you want to set up a company account, go to this post.
Then you will be asked to enter your phone number.
Once you enter it, you will receive an SMS with a code that you have to enter in the next step.
Then you need to fill in your account details.
To do this, prepare the following documents:
- Both sides of an ID document - passport or ID card.
- Photo - selfie in which you are holding your ID and a paper with current date (timestamp).
- Address confirmation document, not older than 6 months. It can be:
- bill (for electricity, water, telephone, gas, etc.). All invoices from stationary and internet stores are not accepted.
- agreement (eg with a bank or insurer) with visible stamp and signature. The rental contract for the flat, purchase/sale of the car is not accepted.
- official letter (from ZUS, Tax Office etc.)
- confirmation of the transfer from the account (you must be the sender)
- summary from the bank account
Maximum size of each file with the document scan is 8 MB. Accepted file formats: .jpg, .png, .gif.
The final step is to agree to the required statements.
We will notify you of your successful verification through e-mail.
If you have problems with verification, please contact us via contact form.